How to Use myDermapen Microneedling Device
Step 1: Thoroughly wash your hands and face
Step 2: Plug your myDermapen in to a power source
Check the power is working by pressing the power button on the device. Turn off again.
Step 3: Unwrap a sterile needle cartridge
Step 4: Set your needle depth
by twisting the end nearest the needle cartridge – the white lines indicate deeper penetration to the right – and the speed by turning the dial closest to the power cord between speeds I through IV (fastest).
These can be tried and tested according to your comfort, and you will most likely wish to adjust both for different areas of the face. We always prefer to work at a high speed and the deepest needle depths to encourage faster results.
Step 5: Choose your microneedling meso-glide serum
Microneedling must be performed with a recommended form of serum to ensure your comfort and that the device glides across the skin, and also to maximise your treatment results.
The microchannels created will absorb whichever product you select deep into the skin so choose wisely! Our go-to is Dp Dermaceuticals HYLA ACTIVE and this can be combined with other serums such as CLR LOTION for acne and pimple prone skin, or ANTIOXIDANT COCKTAIL for ageing and sun damaged skin, or BRITE LITE for pigmentation.
Step 6: Apply your meso-glide
Choose a section of the face you would like to start with, and ensure the area is completely covered with your serum. As you progress through the treatment, liberally apply more as it’s required. Your skin will soak up the nutrients and vitamins faster than ever!
We recommend splitting the face into the following 6 areas to make sure the entire face is thoroughly treated. Also some areas may need the needle depth or speed adjusting to your comfort level.
- Cheeks – A great starting place for first timers
- Forehead – Can be a bit pinchy but those lines will be gone
- Chin / jawline – Minimise pores and breakouts in this hormonal area, and tighten jowls
- Eye area – For safety purposes avoid areas close to the eyes, however areas outside the orbital area such as crows feet or dark circles below this delicate area may be treated with caution
- Nose – Another sensitive area that is often impacted by enlarged pores, blackheads and sun damage. Results will be seen fast in this area.
- Upper lip and lips – Yes you can plump your lips too! The upper lip is often neglected, lines begin to form when we miss this area with microneedling and skincare routine
- Neck – Treat lines and drooping skin
- Décolleté - An often-neglected area which shows age through thinning and sun damage
- Behind the ears - often a telltale sign of age. (We call this the "Chandlear treatment")
- Hands - Reduce pigmentation and plump thinning or dehydrated skin
- Knees - Rewrite your sagging knees, to match your youthful face
- Feet - Even feet get wrinkles! Reveal youthful tootsies with microneedling
- And anywhere else you feel needs a boost of collagen and rejuvenation
Step 7. Start the treatment
Turn on and glide the needles across the first section. Try to move the device in straight lines in a steady, even and rhythmical motion in the following pattern:
- First, going up and down
- Second, side to side
- Finally, move diagonally across the area
Think of the Union Jack flag as your guide!
Repeat this process, applying more serum as required, through each area you wish to treat.
Step 8. Accelerate healing and maximise your results
You may experience inflammation and sensitivity following the treatment, which is why we developed Dp Dermaceuticals HYLA ACTIVE 3D Masks. Relax for 10-30 minutes with a mask, or if time is tight apply Dp DERMACEUTICALS VITAMIN RICH REPAIR for immediate calming and soothing.
We recommend a myL.E.D. mask treatment immediately after microneedling too. LED Light Therapy has been proven to reduce redness, assist with skin healing and increase the absorption of your skincare products.
Lastly, cover any redness and further soothe the skin with Dp Dermaceuticals COVER RECOVER.